Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm pretty damn funny.

A week or so ago I went back and started reading some old posts of mine. Just looking to see what in the heck I was writing about a year or so ago. Also trying to find some pictures that I'd posted, like Andy's birthday cake.

For the record, in 5 days, this blog will be three years old. THREE years I have been writing on this thing to nobody in particular. Hard to believe that it's been three years since I wrote this story, or answered this meme. I'll have to see if I can't come up with something special to write next Tuesday, on the actual anniversary, or bloggiversary, as I hear these things are called. Looking back, I have yet to celebrate one. The past two years were just blogging as normal.

Anyway, reading through old posts, I found myself chuckling and giggling at things I said. Nothing major comes to mind, although I did just stumble across something I posted while I was drunk about being a grownup and doing grownup things. There are a couple of things over in the "favorite posts" section of my sidebar that I find pretty hilarious too. But I'm not going to re-link them here, you'll actually have to come visit if you want to read 'em!

I don't really have much else to say, except that I think I'm pretty damn funny sometimes. Too bad I'm just about the only one who thinks so!

1 fellow footsteps:

Linda said...

Even when it seems like we're writing to no one else, having a blog is great for the very reasons that you mentioned here. I've gone back and reread some of my stuff and patted myself on the back for being particularly well-written or funny. No one else might have thought I was being particularly eloquent or funny but then again, I am my own worst critic so if I can make myself laugh, I'm doing petty good!