Monday, April 23, 2007

Interview Me, the MeMe

Yay! I put my head on the chopping block over at It's a Blog Eat Blog World, and I just got my interview questions, so here goes!

1. Since you work in a hot dog factory and get to see exactly how hot dogs are made, do you still eat hot dogs? I do. It's actually been kind of good for me to work here, because it's gotten me to try some things I never would have tried, like Braunschwieger (that's liverwurst, and actually not half bad on a club cracker!). One thing that has helped is the knowledge that Michigan actually has some pretty strict rules about hot dogs and what can go in them.

2. Is it true that there are government "allowances" for parts per million of icky unmentionable things in processed food like hot dogs? (the last hot dog question, I SWEAR) I don't know about hot dogs, but I have heard this about peanut butter. I should also mention that to the best of my knowledge, no hot dog produced where I work has had even ONE part per million of anything icky or unmentionable. We have someone watching the meat as it comes out of the shipping containers, and it all passes through metal detectors several times, to make sure that as few things as possible that don't belong in the hot dogs actually make it in. ALSO, we can tell if you've stuck something into the hot dog while you were eating it, so DON'T, ok? :)

3. What got you into playing World Of Warcraft, and what type of character is your favorite to play in this RPG? Hm.. I'll have to dig into the brain archives for this one, and look out, it's going to be a long answer!! I remember it started with the first Warcraft game, which is actually an RTS (Real-Time Strategy game). I think my college boyfriend had it or something, I don't remember exactly. I liked it because it had little humorous bits stuck in here and there, and, of course, because it was a fantasy game. There were dragons and elves, and all kinds of fun things. My favorite part though, was this. When you select a unit (person or vehicle), it would say something to acknowledge that it was selected. If you kept clicking on the same one, eventually they'd get mad. The regular human foot soldier had three sayings it would do at that point. "Join the Army, they said." "See the WORLD, they said." "I'd rather be sailing!" There were two other versions of the game released. I didn't play the second one, but I got my hands on the third because they added some playable races, and it looked super cool. By this time Billy and I were together, so he played too. Then for Christmas of 2005, he bought World of Warcraft for me, and I've been hooked ever since. My favorite character would have to be the first one I started, my Asara. She's a night elf hunter. The thing that drew me about the hunter class was that you get to tame a pet! There are lots of different kinds that you can have, all with different abilities and stats. (If you are interested in WoW pets, check out Petopia, they have pictures and stats on all the tameable animals in the game!)

4. How nervous were you when you first met Skittles, who was to become your Mother-In-Law? When did you know that you two would be friends? I don't remember being overly nervous. I had never had difficulty with parents not liking me, so I didn't expect any from Billy's :) I think I first knew we'd be friends when she got all of us around her computer singing along with songs she had downloaded. I love to sing, and had a great time hanging out with her.

5. For those of us without tattoos, what advice would you give us if we were thinking about becoming part of the "inked set"? Oh goodness. This might be a long answer too! First and foremost, KNOW what you want before you even start looking at shops. The tattoos that get the most regret are the spur of the moment ones, or so I've heard. I had the necklace I based my first one on for about three years before I actually got the tattoo. Think long and carefully about what design you want, and where on your body you want to put it. Consider what effect it might have on your employment, should you get it in a very visible place, like your hands or neck. Secondly, NEVER ever ever ever decide what shop you will get a tattoo in based on price. You get what you pay for every time. If you want a high quality tattoo, be prepared to pay high quality money for it. You can find pretty good information online in most cases. Inked Nation is an online tattoo community that may be of help also. Finally, visit the shop itself before you make your appointment. Bring your design and talk to the artist you want to do the tattoo for you. Oh, and as for the pain factor.. it's personal. Put the same tattoo in the same place on different people, and they'll each tell you different things about how much it hurts. The only constant seems to be that the less "padding" an area has, the more it will probably hurt. My first was in the middle of my back, and it didn't hurt hardly at all until he got to around my shoulderblades. My third was on my ankle, and I kept twitching, it hurt so much!

Thanks for the questions, Mo, I had fun answering them! The idea with this meme is that instead of tagging people, I'm supposed to get five volunteers to answer questions. So if you'd like to participate, leave a comment or drop me an email using the email link in my left sidebar. The first five people to respond get to play!

10 fellow footsteps:

Mags said...

I want to play. I already left a note on Skittle's blog to play, but I don't know if I made it or not...so...um...if she can't interview me, can you?

Pwease?

Mags said...

And also, I love hot dogs.

Durward Discussion said...

Mo zapped me as well and it will be up tomorrow, so I will be looking for volunteers (victims).

Barb said...

Yes, I saw you Mags! :)

Great interview!!! I loved the questions and I loved your answers.. especially #4 :)

Mags said...

I'm up baby!

Mo and The Purries said...

Excellent answers. I love it that you put so much thought into them - and gave me even more than I'd hoped for in your answers!

Durward Discussion said...

Wonderful answers. Mo is an excellent interviewer. Mine go up early, so I hope you will come by for a visit.

Amazing Gracie said...

I've only eaten kosher dogs for so long because I was afraid of what was allowed in hot dogs! Now I can go back to Ball Park???
Great answers...

Linda said...

My son and daughter play WoW but I think it's way over my head, though some of the characters look pretty cool!

Good answers on hot dogs & tats, too!

desert rat said...

I'm up, too, so anyone who wants to be a victim, I mean interviewed, can stop on by and take a shot! Step right up! No waiting! Don't be shy!

Loved your answer about the tattoo! SO true! My initial tat was semi-impulse, hurt like a MOTHER, and I ended up going back later to have it altered slightly, at which time it STILL hurt like a Mother! But, I must say that piercing my nose hurt a LOT WORSE. It was like being punched and my eyes started watering uncontrollably.

Great answers, BTW!