Monday, June 11, 2007

MaNiC mOnDaY ~ My Best Friend!

In RL, I can be a pretty bad friend at times. I'm never the one that calls people and says, hey, let's do something. I always figure that if someone wants to hang out with me, they'll call. As a result of this I don't have a lot of friends that I talk to with any sort of regularity. I do, however, have one most AWESOME friend, who has helped me keep our relationship since we were in elementary school.

Her name is Meredith, and she is the bomb.

One of the things I love about her is her sense of humor. She has introduced me to several of my favorite comedians, and to lots of great music. Every time I talk to her on the phone I spend half the time laughing my head off, just from little side comments she makes. She's good at pressing my idiot button. (That's the phrase she coined which means that she can say one little thing, and it starts me laughing like a maniac) I think it works so well because we've been friends for so long, and we've got our fair share of inside jokes. So all she has to do is say enough to remind me of one of them, and off I go. (I would like one sesame seed...)

Besides being funny, she's also very good about being serious. She's been with me through a lot of milestones in my life. Especially in high school, when every kid has problems with parents and authority, she was always there to talk me down when I was upset, or cheer along with me when something really great happened. She is also one of the most giving people I've ever known. I talked to her yesterday, and even though she works nights and doesn't get a lot of sleep, she made time to talk to me when I called. She said (and I agree) that either she can sleep and miss out on things that happen to her friends who are awake in the daytime, or she can stay awake a little while longer, and maybe that little while will be just enough for her to help someone who needs the kind of advice that only she can give.

I know this is a little cliche, but I think this song really does say a lot about our friendship. And yes, I had to find a video that put a little geek spin on it.. these are two characters from the Final Fantasy video game series.

9 fellow footsteps:

Anonymous said...

Love Final Fantasy so that was really great, but your post was even more awesome!! Have a wonderful day.

Durward Discussion said...

You are fortunate to have found such a good friend.

Mags said...

Haa haa haa! Idiot button-everyone needs someone who has special access to that.

Good post Asante Sara!

Happy MM.

Sandee said...

Hang on to Meredith as she truly is the bomb. Happy MM. :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

great post about a wonderful friend. thanks for sharing it with us...

smiles, bee

Anonymous said...

She sounds like the bomb for sure! And I imagine she feels the same way for you :-) Great MM post!

Linda said...

Your Meredith is my Cyndi. Isn't it great to have that one special friend who understands us better than anyone else? I can't imagine my life without mine!

Callie Ann said...

Wonderful friendship post Asara thanks for joining in on the friendship posts.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

You are blessed to have a good friend like that, and she in turn is blessed to have you. May you be friends forever!