Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Has anyone seen my brain?

My dad likes to say, "Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most".

That's holding true for me today. I took some NyQuil before bed last night, and had a very tough time getting things going this morning. I woke up at 6:30 for work, and decided I needed another hour in bed. That helped, a bit. I got to work around 8:30, and of course everyone and their brother had been looking for me. When I'm here, nobody cares, when I'm not, they all need to talk to me.

I'm going to conduct an experiment. I just noticed that the tape dispenser on the desk is empty. Normally I'd be the one to go get some tape and refill it, but I don't think I will today. I want to see how long it stays empty before the Whistler says something implying that it's my job to go get some more tape for it. He does that with pens, when all of his go dry or get lost. He asks me for one, instead of stopping by the office supply cabinet after his break and grabbing a few. You're already up there, you dipstick, get your own damn pens.

Played a bit more WoW last night. Hubby wanted to run ToC, which was the heroic daily. A group was getting put together, but they only needed one more person, and we always run things together if I'm on. So we let them go, and put together our own group about half an hour later. We were finished about twenty minutes after that, and the first group was still in there. I think they spent about two hours in there trying to get the last boss down. People kept leaving the group because they were having so much trouble. I'm not sure if they ever actually finished or if they just quit trying. I felt bad, because if hubby and I had been along, they probably wouldn't have had so much trouble. Hard to say, but still. After that I just did some dailies, and hubby ran with me through Sethekk Halls. I'm trying to get an Anzu mount, but so far no luck!

I'm not sure what we've got planned for tonight. The guild is going to run OS-10, and probably do a few tries with one drake up. I might just watch the results show for So You Think You Can Dance, since I missed the actual show yesterday, and maybe Glee after that. And then bed. Rest is always good!

1 fellow footsteps:

Barb said...

I hope the reason you took Nyquil is better.