Monday, November 09, 2009

Even More Acetone Free!

So, ladies out there who read my blog and wear nail polish... you are probably also aware of nail polish remover, and how many brands will proclaim to the high heavens that they are ACETONE FREE?

Someday I will look up the reason that this lack of Acetone is so awesome, but in the meantime, I have discovered (totally by accident) an even MORE acetone-free means of removing said nail polish.

I give you...

Scotch Tape!

No, you don't have to thank me, really. It was a fluke even that I found out about it. I was putting a memo up on the lab door and the tape wrapped around my finger. When I removed it, most of my nail polish had attached itself to the tape. Tape is also infinitely cheaper than nail polish remover, and, as an extra bonus, you don't have to stick your finger inside any sort of foam and wiggle it around. Oh come on, you know what I mean. And.. AND, no cold fingers from the alcohol in the damn stuff evaporating the second you remove them from said foam.

If you're the sort of person who buys the liquid stuff and puts it on a cotton ball and actually -wipes- the nail polish off... this post is probably not for you. Unless you have issues with the alcohol smell. In that case, come on over for the Scotch Tape Party!

3 fellow footsteps:

Barb said...

Cool discovery!

sara said...

I think I heard that acetone causes nerve damage.
Hmmm..my word verification is "voluviss". That sounds dirty.

Linda said...

Scotch tape, eh? Would'a thunk it??