Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What Bed Rest?

I was bad last night.

I had asked my boss if I could come in a bit late today, because I know it's going to be a hugely long day, and he said ok. I figured the extra sleeping in time would be good for me, and help me get through the day without collapsing, as I'm still not quite better yet.

But last night I hopped on WoW for a bit, expecting to putter around Azeroth for a while and visit some Elders for the Lunar Festival. Instead I got a quick tell from my guild leader asking me how I was feeling. Better, I replied. Not 100%, but better. He's all like, great! Then he pops up the early invite question for raid, and I answer and get an invite.

Now, I have to say, there was already a 10-man group in Naxx. I thought that sign-ups had been short or something, and they had just started early, and that's all there was. So I asked my guild leader, are you doing another 10-man or something? And he says no, we're doing 25-man, they're just trying to finish up their instance before raid time.


So really I thought I was just screwing around, but in fact I told him that I was good to go for raid tonight.


Now, I could have backed out, and he would have been all right with it. There were plenty of people signed up. But I figured what the heck. I told him I might have to go early, but of course I didn't. I stuck it out until 11:30. Probably not the best plan, as I'm a bit tired tonight, but it was nice to get back in the groove with everyone. We cleared out the military wing, and I got some lovely new pants from Gothik. Then it was over to the Construct wing, which has given us the most trouble so far. We got Patchwerk down, and Grobbulus, and Gluth, all guild firsts. Thaddius gave us some trouble, and that's where we finally ended up. Those charge things change pretty quickly. I hardly had a chance to get set up on one side, and I'd have to run over to the other side. In the end we were just losing too many people too quickly because they weren't used to the mechanic yet. We'll get him. We got Patchwerk, we'll get Thaddius too.

So yeah, I ended up raiding last night, when I didn't intend to. But I had a pretty good time, overall. I'm probably not going for another week or so though. Maybe Sunday night, we'll see. I have a lot of work to do on my character.

In fact, as much as I hate to say it, I'm thinking about trying out Survival. I have 300 more agility unbuffed than our current SV hunter (who is a very recent respec herself), so I think I've got the gear to support it. I figure I can try it out for a couple of days, though I'm going to lose just about every pet in my stable. They'll be waiting for me when I respec back, and I will respec back. Eventually...

3 fellow footsteps:

Amazing Gracie said...

Good grief! It's a good thing I've never gotten caught up in this because we used to stay up all night playing stuff on Nintendo when it was new!!! I'd be a total wreck if I tried that now...
Have fun raiding!

DirkStar said...

Shame, shame, shame...

Any real gamer would have quit the job by now.

You need to decide where your priories are...

Barb said...

I never did a large raid like that, but I do remember the night I needed to go to the ER but stayed to finish an instance. I think it was ST. And I did go to the ER later. After.

Pshhhh.. what are priorities? :P