Monday, June 09, 2008

Oh, Thunderstorm.. how I love to hate you.

Over the weekend we had some pretty fierce storms. I love storms, I really do. That whole "raw power of nature" thing just gets me. But after this weekend, I don't like them so much. We had a really bad one Saturday night.. it killed our internet. We have no idea how long it will be down for, and a call to our ISP told us that a large portion of the state was having service issues, but they were working to get them addressed as quickly as possible.

Well, it wasn't quick enough for us.. we had to miss a raid on Black Temple last night. The guild got Shade of Akama down too, putting us to 3/9 BT. Tonight they're either running Hyjal or BT again, but we're probably going to miss that too. Even more heartbreaking, Numae is still level 37. So no moonkin form for her yet. /sigh.

We did however, get to watch some nice movies, and hubby got a new game for the XBOX 360, so we did have a fun weekend, but it felt strange to see 8:30 roll around and not be prepping to raid. Hopefully we'll get this sorted out soon! And in the meantime.. I'll be busy at work today. 234 posts in my reader to sort through!

9 fellow footsteps:

carrie said...

OUCH!!! I was thankful that it didn't take out our internet...I sat through the tornado warnings with my laptop ;) My kids thought it was great because I was able to update the weather frequently for them.

Sandee said...

Last time we had a big storm here I was without internet for one solid week. It was awful. Glad you are all okay. Have a wonderful day. :)

Rebecca said...

Dude, that sucks! So what movies did you watch?

Carrie said...

It does suck! We watched Knocked Up and a movie by the guys who did Shaun of the Dead called Hot Fuzz. The first was ok.. it had its funny moments for sure though. The second was just odd, lol!!

Carl V. Anderson said...

So sorry to hear that. We've had thunderstorms that have interrupted our satellite recently meaning that I've missed shows like Deadliest Catch and the first episode of last night's When We Left Earth. I realize they will show them again, but it still frustrates me when my schedule is interrupted because of weather. I'd be even more annoyed if it had effected our internet service. Hope all is fixed soon!

Barb said...

We had those storms too, as you might guess. They went through pretty quick, though. (Ask Billy if he remembers sitting on the front porch on Carrier watching storms with a huge bowl of popcorn.)

I was hoping it would break this heat/humidity thing going on, but no such luck.

Nokomi now has a mist gorilla for a pet. ;)

Linda said...

There was a hellacious storm that blew through the area here last night that left some gorgeous clouds in it's wake. Thankfully I had my camera with me as I was returning from my son's house in Rhode Island and managed to take a few pictures that I'll be putting up on my blog later.

Of course, had my internet gotten knocked out I doubt I would have been any too pleased with those clouds - beautiful or not!

Maggie Moo said...

So...is it working now???

Rebecca said...

BTW - I tagged you :)