Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back to work... again??!

Blech. I feel like poo this morning, mostly because I took a shower right before bed and even though the water was nice and warm, it woke me up. I didn't fall asleep until about 1AM.

We had a very busy weekend, so I apologize in advance if this runs long. Like you guys expect anything else from me, I'm sure.

Friday night the kids went to my parents so we could go present shopping for Andy. Once that was done, we decided to make a night of it ourselves and found a hotel across town to have a mini vacation at. We got a poolside room, and invited Bob and Sara to come swimming with us. We had an awesome time, and when the pool closed, we went to Steak & Shake for some food. It seemed to me they were a bit understaffed, or perhaps they were just ill-prepared. The girl who waited on us was also doing hostess duty, and her tables seemed to be scattered everywhere. At the same time, there were people hanging out doing nothing over by the counter the whole time we were there. My food wasn't that great either. The fries were fine, but I got chicken tenders and they were more chewy than tender. Still, it was a fun night.

The next day we picked up the kids and a rental car and headed across the state. We planned to visit my mother-in-law, as her birthday was yesterday. So we did a little vacation with the kids, driving part of the way there and spending the night in a hotel, again with a pool. They're getting very brave in the water, though they're both still scared to jump in.

Sunday morning we had our continental breakfast and drove the rest of the way to hubby's mom's house. We brought her a coloring book, a card, and a balloon. Her husband entertained the kids (or was it the other way around?) while she entertained hubby and myself with old photo albums from when hubby was young. He has changed a lot since he was little, that's for sure!

After that, it was time to head home. There are a couple of restaurants on that side of the state that we don't have by our house, so we went on a food hunt. We had a bit of an adventure, but eventually we found Tim Horton's, and I got a little box of Timbits (donut holes). The kids each got a donut as well, and hubby had a cinnamon roll. Then on our way home we stopped at the White Castle in Lansing and picked up a Crave Case and a sack of chicken rings. We had to wait for a while for that one, but it's to be expected, considering there are 30 burgers in a Crave Case, and the car in front of us ordered the same thing! Those little burgers are super tasty though, I must say! Between the four of us, we finished about half of the box in the car, and we had the rest for lunch yesterday.

We didn't have production running at work yesterday, so I took advantage of that and spent most of the day at home. Played a bit of WoW, some games on Facebook, generally just relaxed. I did have to go in to work for a bit, but I just had a couple of quick things to take care of, and then it was back home!

And now I'm back at work for the next four days. The Whistler seems to have gotten the memo about his clothes, hopefully he'll get his hair cut some time soon as well. We shall see!

0 fellow footsteps: