Monday, July 09, 2007

MaNiC mOnDaY ~ Seven ~

This past weekend we had a poker party with my brother-in-law Bob and his wife Sara, as well as three of their other friends. Hey, there were seven of us! The party started at seven o'clock (but we were a little late). We played many different card games, such as Man or Mouse, 1-2-3 Drop, Up and Down the River, oh, and some Seven-card stud. We discovered that seven people makes it tough to play five-card draw. At the end, we always have a Showdown, each person antes a dollar (making a seven dollar pot!), and Bob deals out five cards to each person face-up. The best poker hand wins the pot. This time, just to be different, he dealt out seven cards each. I think he cheated.. he won it this time! ;) Overall, I think everyone had a great time, even the kids, who all stayed awake WAY past their bedtimes.

5 fellow footsteps:

Maggie Moo said...

I don't know how to play poker. I wish is did. I think I could have a great time playing

Linda said...

Sounds like the seven of you had a wonderful time!

Robert said...

About time I had an up night, since you two have CLEANED me out the last two times

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun!
I remember how fun it used to be when my parents had a poker night and we got to stay up late. :)

We'd tell them when they dropped money "sweeper gets it" meaning they had to leave it on the floor for who swept the next morning.

I love to play poker. Glad you guys had a good time.

Amazing Gracie said...

That brings back good memories. We used to play poker back when we were first married (1966!)with a bunch of neighbors in our apartment complex. It was such a good way to have fun and make friends!