Thursday, May 07, 2009

To quote a good friend of mine...

Grimbleschnitz! (hee hee, Mo!)

The Whistler is in fine form today. He's got a new shiny piece of equipment, and he installed it at a bad time. We've got lots of samples coming through for a project, thanks to the owner of the company, and he's getting behind because he didn't want to have a tech from the company come in and install it. He's got a problem with the plug, it doesn't fit quite right in the socket, so he has to unplug it and plug it back in a few times a day. He complains because he has to wait an hour to get the machine started in the morning. Then, since he's already in a bad mood, he jumps all over the janitor because he's running low on paper towel. There's a problem with the drain, so he can't run the water at full blast in the sink like he likes to. And he keeps going on and on about all this crap to me, like there's something I can do to fix it. He's a big boy, he can go talk to maintenance himself. He sits with three or four of them at lunch every single day. Sigh.

There is some good news, though. I finally got my Bronze Drake! I dragged a bunch of guildies into CoS, and at long last, nobody rolled against me. :) A little bit later, another guildie wanted to start up a run of Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle for a chance at the drake that drops there. I wanted to bring Asara, for that and for the Children's Week achievement, but we could not find a tank at all, so Saraabi was volunteered for the job. I was nervous, especially about the gauntlet, but we made it through with only one wipe.. on the gauntlet, lol! No drake, and no Red Sword of Courage for Saraabi, but one of the mages we brought got a nice staff, so that was cool.

Tonight I get to go to Andy's school to talk to his teacher, it's conference time again already! It seems like I was just there. It's hard to believe his school year will be over soon. And next year Emily will be in preschool. They're growing up so fast! It seems so cliche to say that, but it's true. Hubby uploaded some pictures the other day from when they were born, and they look so small compared to how big they both are now. My little boy who used to chuckle and ask for his dodo is writing and reading and doing math problems. My little girl, it seems like just yesterday she was sleeping in a crib, now she's getting ready to go to school too. Goodness.

2 fellow footsteps:

Mo and The Purries said...

They grow up so fast!
Had to LOL at grimbleschnitz!
And I thought of you the other night at the grocery store - there was a whistler following me thru the store. I about ran him over with my buggy.
Isn't there a sausage grinder that The Whistler might get too close to and "accidentally" slip into?
Or maybe just a puddle of water under his new toy's plug outlet...

Amazing Gracie said...

Boy, I love the way Mo's mind works!
You're so right about the kids...my baby will be 39 in August! Like all of us "fogies" tell you "young-uns,"
time passes SO fast!!!
~~~Blessings~~~