Monday, December 08, 2008

Monday already?

My goodness the weekend went fast! Sadly, I did not win any prizes this year. They had some good ones too, even besides the days off! But the food was good, and hey, it was free, so I'm not complaining. I'm guaranteed something next year, because I'll have been there for 10 years, and they give out awards for length of service. I think I get $100, but I can't remember since it's been a while since my 5th year award! Still, it's something to look forward to.

Hubby and I did a lot more WoWing this weekend, as my parents absconded with the kiddies yet again. Last night we made it to level 77 and unlocked cold-weather flying. SUCH a relief to be up in the air again, and not stuck on the ground! We stopped questing at that point and just flew around exploring things. Hubby was particularly interested in Icecrown, he wanted to see Arthas' house. That is one gloomy zone!

We're questing in Sholazar currently, and still having a very fun time with the little twists they've put into the quests. A favorite moment was during the quest to get some fruit for a drink. Hubby pulled on a vine, and a dwarf fell out of the tree instead of a fruit! She was very nice, and gave him a choice of the fruits that he still needed. A little later, we were fighting rocs for their talons, and had one yoinked away by a death knight. It was the first time we'd had that particular problem, and she actually apologized to hubby afterward, which I thought was very nice.

One last high point of the weekend was just before we logged for the night last night. Hubby wanted to see the inside of the Culling of Stratholme instance, to see what Strat used to look like before the plague took over. So we wandered around in there, seeing all the people alive.. it was actually kind of sad. Poor little Pamela Redpath.. Anyway, after we advanced the storyline as far as we could go with just the two of us, I had another idea. So we headed over to Durnholde and popped the instance setting onto Heroic. We found out (to my delight) that Don Carlos and his dog posed little difficulty to the two of us at level 77 on Heroic difficulty, and I walked out of there with a shiny new dog-spirit-summoning hat! We went in to the keep a bit too, and managed to kill a few mobs in there while we were at it. The most we managed was four at once, which was pretty good, considering that two of them were a surprise patrol! :)

That's about all for now.. tonight is probably off night.. hubby's got a jonesing for a new alt, and I want to work on one of mine (still haven't decided which one though) for the night.

1 fellow footsteps:

Linda said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't win anything but at least you had a nice night out and some good food, right?!?