Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Quest for the Tiger

Yesterday I was chatting with some fellow WoW bloggers, and asked them, if I were to start a new character, where should I start one? Fimlys (of Asleep at the WoW) said, start an alliance character on my server, Draenor! So a new baby Asara was born.

She zoomed quickly through the starting area quests, and before I knew it, she was ready for a pet to call her own. Now, having played a hunter or two in my time, I've gotten a bit silly about "first pets". I want them to be special.. if not unique. So seeing as she is a night elf (just like her big sister!), and began her life on an island surrounded by black and white kitties, I knew that getting her something special was going to take some effort. I had a few options available to me at that point, but I narrowed it down to three.

1. Walk her across the continents and up through the Ghostlands to nab a red or brown kitty from the Blood Elves.
2. Travel out to Ironforge for a lovely white leopard or maybe even a big white bear.
3. Meander through the Barrens to Durotar and sneak an orange tiger out from under the noses of the Orcs and Trolls.

I chose number three after a bit of deliberation, because I think the orange tigers are quite striking in appearance, and I figured it would probably take the least time out of those three, seeing as how I'd be able to stay on the same continent. I've made the trek to Ironforge many times before, and I'm sure I will again before too much longer!

So began the Quest for the Tiger. Little Asara took lots of pictures along the way, and I put together a slideshow when all was said and done, to share her journey with you. I hope you enjoy it!

0 fellow footsteps: