Monday, October 29, 2007

MaNiC mOnDaY ~ Trick Or Treat

As I've mentioned a few posts ago, I am participating in the RIP challenge at Stainless Steel Droppings. I decided, with just a few weeks to go in the challenge, to read two of the heftiest Stephen King books on my bookshelf. I'm proud to announce that I finished Needful Things early Saturday afternoon, and started right in on The Stand. It will be quite the trick to finish this one by Wednesday, when the challenge ends, but that's the nature of a challenge, right? I did get a good amount of reading in while we were driving yesterday, so that helped, but I've still got a long way to go!

9 fellow footsteps:

Ian said...

Have you ever read his book On Writing? It's fantastic - a real insight into a successful writer's mind.

Happy Manic Monday!

Ian

Anonymous said...

I used to love reading Stephen King, and the Stand was one of his best works! Happy Monday.

Durward Discussion said...

Good luck with your contest.

Sandee said...

Well, that just might well be a tricky thing to do my Wednesday. Have a great MM. :)

Mary said...

Man , I haven't read a SK book in a long time, but I can remember reading Th Stand. Good Luck and happy MM! :D

maryt/theteach said...

Ain't Stephen King grand? Bag of Bones was very good...of course Salems Lot, Christine, and earlier novels were the best.

Unknown said...

Great MM post. I truly dislike horror movies ... so I've not read any Stephen King books. Plus, I understand he is a Boston Red Sox fan ... which is another mark against me reading his books (smile)...

There were many directions to go with this week's MM words Trick or Treat. I chose to go with Trick and my MM post this week tells a different story about Black Magic.

peace, Villager

Linda said...

I take it this is the version of The Stand with the 400+ added pages? That one took awhile to read if I remember correctly but I still say that It and Pet Cemetery were two of his scariest!

Oh, and I can't read in a car - major league car sickness if I do!

Amazing Gracie said...

The Stand is my very favorite SK book. I haven't read all of his latest but I've got most of them on the shelf...
The made-for-TV version of The Stand isn't too bad but they're never as good as the books, except for Carrie. That one translated pretty well. Scary!
Misery was a really great psychological thriller...