Friday, November 17, 2006

More tears!!

I get home today, and after the hubby is through showing me all the wonderful things he's done to unpack and make this house our home, he drops a bomb on me. "Honey, your computer isn't working, and I don't know how to fix it."
NOOOOO!!!
I boot it up, and sure enough, "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM"
great.
Thankfully hubby's laptop is fine, and I'm trying to use it right now to create a recovery disk to fix my poor broken one.
I'll keep y'all posted! :(
Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this when I don't have the recovery or any of the XP disks at all, please send them along!! Thanks :)
p.s. the phone should be on later tonight or tomorrow, for those who were asking. same number. :)

3 fellow footsteps:

Barb said...

Is your computer HP? You can do an online help chat with them and they'll walk you through it. We used them once and they were very nice.

Mike said...

Did you get the e-mail Barb sent? I told her how to get your pc running if you have an HP. If you need more help let us know :)

Carrie said...

I've got an emachine. I know, it's a POS, but it's worked for me so far. blah.