Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Grandma Update, etc.

I heard from my mom last night, and she said my grandma should be going home today. They decided to put in a pacemaker because they saw some things that looked suspicious. She is doing well so far!

In other family news, my parents have something else to worry about now. My mom got an email from one of her very close friends that her granddaughter has recently been in the hospital. She had been worried for some time that her mother hadn't been taking proper care of her, and considering the things the doctors found when they admitted her, she's got pretty good proof of that. It breaks my heart to hear about things like this, how hard is it really to give your own daughter proper meals and make sure she has enough to drink throughout the day? I mean, it's one thing to not want to spoil your kid by not giving them a treat every time they ask for one, but no child ends up in the hospital from missing one snack! I hope this whole thing wakes up that little girl's mother to the fact that she IS one, and she needs to start acting like it. And her father too, for not caring how his daughter is being treated. Children exist to be loved. Why do some people find that so hard to do?

8 fellow footsteps:

Mags said...

I happy to hear about your grandma asara, but sad about the little girl.

It's horrible. Just horrible that they won't take care of her the way they should be.

Callie Ann said...

I too am happy to hear the Grandma is doing better.

Some people shouldn't be responsible for a flea, let alone one of god's greatest gifts a child.

Jack ass people

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sarge has a pacemaker. there will be lots of changes in her life but nothing she can't easily adjust to. glad she is doing good!

smiles, bee

Crazy Working Mom said...

Glad to know your grandma is doing better.

Shame on them for not taking care of that child. I can't imagine how people can be like that! I just don't get it!!!

Linda said...

So glad to hear that your grandmother is doing well and should be going home soon. Pacemakers have changed a lot over the years so I'm sure she'll do just fine with just a few minor adjustments here and there in her lifestyle.

As for the other part of your post, I hate to hear about things like that. That poor child. Those idiot parents. Fools - the both of them.

Amazing Gracie said...

Great news about your grandmother! Linda and Bee's words were encouraging!
Some people should be neutered. A lot of the neglect problems today stems from drug use - no excuse - makes it worse...

Barb said...

Good news about your grandmother.

Kiyotoe said...

nothing pisses me off like a kid being mistreated and neglected. They're helpless.

But I'm glad to hear your grandmother is going home.