Monday, August 10, 2009

Skatchamagowza.

What a night!
 
I think I woke up five times last night, both from thunder and from my kids' reactions to it. Andy came in the bedroom scared once, Emily didn't seem to be fazed by it, or if she was, she stayed in bed anyway. I wish it had knocked out the power, so I could have gotten some extra sleep!
 
We had quite the busy weekend. My cousin Sara just graduated from high school, and had her graduation party on Saturday at my uncle's house. We met up with my parents and my brother and his wife and daughter there. The kids went home with Papa and Grammie, and as everyone knows now, hubby and I headed out to the bar and had a totally awesome time.
 
The next morning, I picked up Andy from my parents' house, because one of his friends from school was having a birthday party that afternoon. Emily stayed there, because my parents were taking everyone to the beach. Andy had a good time at the birthday party, because it was at Chuck E. Cheese! He won quite a few tickets, and played several games. Afterward we took him out to the movie theater to see G-Force. We arrived just in time to catch the 3-D version, and he really liked it. Hubby thought maybe we should have taken him to see GI Joe instead, but I think we made the right choice for him. It didn't impress me much one way or another, there were a few funny moments, and I was totally surprised by the true identity of Mr. Yanshu. Other than that, it seemed to be a standard kids movie.
 
Last night after the kids went to bed, hubby and I watched the second episode of Defying Gravity. I really liked the premiere, but now I'm not so sure how I feel about it. It felt like they said a lot without really saying anything, most of the episode was focused on the little HALO patches that were developed to keep sexual tension at bay between astronauts during long missions. I'll probably watch a couple more episodes over the next two weeks, just to see where it's going, and if all the setup they're doing with the plot is actually worth it when they reveal just what the heck is happening.
 
I think tonight I'm going to bed early.. I need to catch up on some rest!

0 fellow footsteps: