Friday, August 14, 2009

Many Many Accomplishments!

Phew, it's been a very interesting evening. After I got home from work, the heroic instance bug bit the hubby pretty hard. So we hit up Heroic Violet Hold and kicked its tail, with a couple of interesting moments due to encountering a couple of bosses I'd never tanked before. No wipes, though hubby died once and almost couldn't get back into the instance!

Once that was done, we got a group together for Heroic Utgarde Keep, which was the daily. Again, we rocked the kasbah, finishing up the entire instance before my buffs ran out! Since we were doing so well, we headed up to Utgarde Pinnacle, and wiped that place clean as well. No drake, but also no deaths.

Hubby and I were on a roll, so after dinner I decided it was time to conquer my fear of the timed run of Heroic Culling of Stratholme. We grabbed some DPS and headed out. It was messy, but we got through the first two bosses and headed for the inn. We destroyed the dragons in there, and moved on to the part that made me the most nervous... the gauntlet. With about 8 minutes left. I have to say that I could not have managed it without hubby here. He was my cheerleader and my hero. I kept asking him, am I doing ok? And he'd say yep, you're doing fine, just keep pushing through, as long as I'm at half mana or so I can keep up.

And suddenly, we were through it. With six minutes left on the timer, we rushed the boss, and took him out! Mal'ganis was basically an afterthought, I tanked with one hand and cleansed sleep with the other, and he was a goner. And at the end of it all...

0 fellow footsteps: