Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yet another sporadic update!

Ooog, Tuesday already! Thankfully it's a short week this week, we have Friday off for the 4th of July holiday, since that falls on Saturday this year.

WoW happenings over the weekend..

Saraabi finally transferred to Cenarion Circle. She has yet to tank anything, but there she is. A bit more committed to doing her Jewelcrafting daily, as well as a number of others, including the Argent Tournament. She'll be an Exalted Champion of Exodar soon I think! I need to work on running instances with her more though. I'm out of practice with her rotation, and I'm afraid that I'll mess things up. But the only way to get back INTO practice is to actually run stuff. So I'm going to have to suck it up and just go and hope for the best.

I also started her on fishing, so that she'll be able to do the Dalaran fishing dailies, and also supply herself with buff food at some point. She started out in Stormwind, and then moved to Ironforge, since I didn't see any reason for her not to try for Old Ironjaw. Asara has yet to catch that crafty little bugger. Imagine my surprise when an achievement popped up before she'd even caught 50 fish. That's not even since achievements came out, that's ever.

Inspired by this success, I logged Asara on and took her out to Terokkar Forest for another try at Mr. Pinchy. All through BC that crusty crustacean evaded her, and the few tries since Wrath had come out had left her empty-handed as well. So cue yet more surprise when, on the fourth Mixed Highland School, what should pop up in the loot window but Mr. Pinchy himself. And on my first use, voila! Mr. Pinchy's Magical Crawdad Box! That leaves two very difficult achievements for her to do in order to get the Salty title. One is to fish up a rare fish, and the other is to win the Fishing Extravaganza in Stranglethorn. She'll be fishing herring pools in Northrend for a while now in hopes of either a. the Dark Herring, or b. a Sea Turtle mount. Or maybe both!

Finally, last night my little Cenarion Circle Warlock (Rootbeer) hit level 30 and learned her Felsteed. And I boggled when I looked through her spellbook and couldn't find the summon spell. Only to have hubby look over my shoulder and say, "Um, honey, I think it's in with her mounts." Oh yeah. Right. Gotcha. Tonight he said he'll help her get her felhound.

It's been pretty quiet on the home front for the most part. Andy's enjoying his vacation, he was building with hubby's massive box of Legos yesterday. This weekend will be a bit of traveling, as hubby heads out to pick out fireworks for Saturday, and also we'll be attending my brother's birthday party for his daughter. Thankfully we'll have Sunday to recover, because this month is going to be absolute madness for me at work. Everyone in my department has at least one or two days off this month. I think I have four days that are not dedicated to covering for someone. Yee-ha.

0 fellow footsteps: