Monday, April 27, 2009

I got a new toy!

I'm so excited. :)

Hubby's been frustrated with the performance of WoW on his laptop lately. Last night he finally gave up on it, and we headed to Best Buy. He said that he'd take my computer, and I would be able to get a new one. Woo!

This is the one I got: New Awesome Computer

It's not the best one out there, but it's definitely an upgrade for me. The monitor itself seems just enormous, even though mine was only 2 inches smaller. We spent last evening installing WoW on it, but I didn't get a chance to play yet. That will be tonight, and I really can't wait to get home and see what's what. Of course, this means I'll have to redo my UI again, but I don't think that will be a big issue. It's not even a priority right now, since I'm not raiding.

I did get some play time in before we headed to the store. I headed out to Goldshire to see what was going on with the Noblegarden holiday. The inn was just covered in people trying to get eggs as they spawned. I managed to find a good spot, and settled in for a while. I managed to get two Elegant Dresses and two Tuxedo shirts while I was there. Then hubby logged in, and we took our main alts out to Icecrown, in order to level them up to 80, since they both have been sitting at 79 for quite some time now.

Hubby's druid dinged 80 during some Jotunheim quests, but Saraabi didn't quite make it. She's still got about 20% of her level to grind out. That will probably be first on the list tonight. Or maybe tomorrow, depending on what time I get out of work.

In other exciting news...

My buddy SQT runs a fantasy and sci-fi blog, and she also does book reviews. She was contacted recently by the publisher that is putting out the newest book in the World of Warcraft series, the one about Arthas. She emailed me, because she knows how much I love WoW, and asked me to review it, and it finally showed up in the mail this weekend. YAY! I think hubby is even more excited about having this book than I am, because he really enjoys game lore. So we're going to get to reading, and I'll probably include his opinion in my review as well. Besides that, SQT is also having a contest to give away five copies of the book to five lucky people.

Here is the link to SQT's contest.

It's open to residents of the US and Canada, and all you have to do is either send her an email, or leave a comment on her post with a way she can contact you if you win BEFORE MAY 5. So go and enter, all you WoW players out there! There are only 16 comments on the post right now, and with five books being given away, that's about a one in three chance that you'll win! Of course, I don't know how many emails have been sent, but still, I'm sure the odds are still really good!

Good luck to everyone who enters, and be sure to check back in the next week or so for my review! I'll put a link here when it gets published, too.

2 fellow footsteps:

Callie Ann said...

I love big monitors.. So glad you got something cool. :)

Kaz Dragon said...

Looks good! Let us know what it's like when you charge up that beastie!