Saturday, March 21, 2009

A quick hello!

After the rental car fiasco, we were stuck with a car, and no plans to go anywhere. So a quick search around, and we hit the road anyway. Our destination? The Cincinnatti Zoo. They had some really cute pictures of animals on their website, and it looked like a very nice zoo.

On the way, we stopped at a rest area. Hubby went in, and I waited in the car. Someone pulled up next to us and tapped on the window. They wanted to know if I knew if there was a gas station nearby because they had just run out of gas. I had no idea, but I said, wait for my hubby, he used to drive this highway all the time. So when he came out, they asked him. It was about ten miles, and they didn't think their car would make it that far.

We offered to take one of them up to the gas station so they could get some gas in a container and bring it back to the car. Very uneventful trip there, just up and back, and they were very grateful. It felt good to help. :)

We made it to Cincinnatti, and just got back to the hotel from the zoo a bit ago. I don't have pictures, because the battery died on the camera, and we didn't bring the cord to charge it. Oops! However, my sister-in-law lent us a small camcorder, and I should be able to upload the video when I get home.

So look for that tomorrow, and in the meantime, I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

0 fellow footsteps: