Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Stuffs

Let's see.. it was a busy weekend for me, so we'll recap that first :)
Friday night was mostly WoW, trying out new things from the patch, and doing some Outland questing with our Horde characters, newly 58!
Saturday was Andy's 5th birthday. In the morning I did the breast cancer walk downtown, while hubby did some cleaning and baked two cakes. When I got home, I took a quick shower, and got to decorating said cakes. I felt like I made a mess of last year's, and I vowed to do better this time around! Andy said he wanted a Lightning McQueen cake, and Meijer only had Winnie the Pooh stuff, so I bought some red and black frosting, and some small tubes of red, yellow, blue, and green, to write with. I also got a plastic Lightning toy, to put on the top. Here is the finished result (which I am very proud of, by the way):

Not long after that, hubby went to get pizza, and the guests started arriving! Just family this year, but maybe next year we'll have a party for his classmates as well. He got lots of presents, and he was a very happy boy by the end of it all!

7 fellow footsteps:

Sandee said...

It's late, but here goes...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Andy,
Happy Birthday to you. :)

Linda said...

What an incredibly cute cake - I bet Andy just loved it!

A belated happy birthday to the birthday boy!

Amazing Gracie said...

Yeah, from me, too!
I took a couple of classes in cake decorating - haven't thought of that in ages. You did a fantastic job!
~~~Blessings~~~

Barb said...

I think you did a fantastic job on the cake!!!

I would definitely bid HIGH enough to win it if it were in a Cub Scout Blue & Gold cake auction!!! (Ask your husband. :P)

Rebecca said...

That's an awesome cake!! :-0 I hope he had a great birthday!!! :)

Mo and The Purries said...

COOL cake!
I know he was thrilled with it!

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job on this cake, my friend! It looks awesome.