Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WoW Post - "Well I never..."

This is in response to Breana's idea for a shared topic over at Blog Azeroth. The idea of a shared topic is that one WoW blogger comes up with an idea, and the rest of us write a blog post with our take on it. I've never written on one before, but there's no time like the present to start, right?

So the basic idea behind Bre's topic is to write about things you never thought you'd accomplish in WoW, but you have now done.

There are a lot of things! Basically, I never thought Asara would be where she is now. I never thought she'd meet a GM "in person" (I didn't even know they DID stuff like that!). I can remember when she was level 60, trying like heck to collect her Tier 0 set, and dreaming of someday getting Tier 2, because it was purple and dragony and SO COOL. Still haven't managed that one, but she's in Tier FIVE now, which I never imagined would even exist back then. I never thought that there would be a day when she would be almost fully in purples (come on Tsunami Talisman!). Even when she got to 70 and re-joined Spanish Inquisition, I never thought the guild would make it as far as it has. They were in Kara, having done a couple of forays into Gruul's Lair, and that was it. Now we're 3/4 TK, 5/6 SSC, 3/5 Hyjal, and 4/9 BT. I remember how long it took for her to earn her first gold. Since then she's earned and spent something like 7,000, if not more. I can remember at 60 when we put together our first 20-man runs. We could get the snake, we wiped like crazy on the bat, there were nights we got so frustrated. And we ended up downing Hakkar before the expansion came out.

And even after all of that, there are still things that I want to do. I want to get to exalted with Ironforge, so that I'll be able to buy every kind of mount there is when the expansion comes out and I don't have to worry any more about them taking up my entire bank. I want to get to exalted with Winterspring Trainers and get a lovely kitty with blue stripes to ride, and to prove to myself that I can actually stick out the grind to do it. I want to get to exalted with Sporeggar for the little bat pet. I want to finally get a little crocolisk pet from the danged fishing daily. I might even make the time to kill dragons in Azshara for a little blue dragon.

The sheer number of things that there are to do in the game still astounds me. To have accomplished as much as I have and still have so many things left to do, even though I've been playing for two years.. sometimes I just can't believe it! :)

And now there's another expansion coming out. With even MORE things to do, on top of the stuff I haven't done yet! In six months, it will maybe have been out for two. I'll probably still be working my way up to 80, taking my time to see the new things as they come, rather than rushing through them to get to max level ASAP. That's what I did with BC, and I don't regret it at all. Even though I wasn't in my guild, I was still able to rejoin them and I was there for a good deal of the progression that's been made. I'm hoping that will happen again (but this time I'd rather not be kicked out of the guild!) Even if we don't raid from now until WotLK comes out, I hope that the guild stays together, because all of my friends are in it!

0 fellow footsteps: