Monday, July 21, 2008

MaNiC mOnDaY ~ Lick

So.. it's Monday again, and Doodle Week is over. :( Saturday and Sunday were supposed to be part of it, but I didn't get any more doodling done after Friday. Why? Because as soon as I got home from work, hubby sent me to the bedroom to change out of my work clothes, he loaded the kids and some luggage into the car, and off we went for a little vacation. Nothing fancy, we stayed in a hotel near town, but it was a very nice change of pace. He brought his laptop, but it mostly stayed off, as we were down in the pool swimming, and just lazing around, doing nothing at all in particular.

We had a lot of fun in the pool with the kids. Emily took to the water like a fish, and we got Andy to unbend a little bit about going out into the deeper end of the pool with us. The only regret I have about the whole weekend is that I didn't get to spend any time in the hot tub. I went down there later Saturday night, but a whole gang of people had taken over the pool area. The hot tub was full of adults, and the pool was full of kids. They were making a full-fledged party out of it too, with bags of snacks out on the tables, as well as a cooler.. and what looked like a glass bottle of beer on one of the tables. Never mind the posted signs saying "no alcohol" and "no glass". Hubby called down to the desk after I got back upstairs, but I don't know if anything came of it, because I didn't go back down after that.

I'm at work a little early today, so I tried to go to bed early last night.. but I made the mistake of turning on the tv. The DVR was recording a new episode of Iron Chef America, so I watched the last bit of that. They were just finishing up the cooking part, and I wanted to see who would win. The battle was Zucchini, and the challenger made a very interesting thing for a dessert. She did a zucchini fritter thing, accompanied by a spoon of white taffy-looking stuff stuck in a glass of ice water. So the judges took the spoon out and licked off some of the white stuff before eating the fritter.. I guess it was a sort of soft gum or something. They make some weird stuff on that show. And right after was my latest reality tv obsession, The Next Food Network Star. I told myself I shouldn't stay up and watch it.. but I did, even though it was recording.

So I feel like I didn't get a lick of sleep last night. It didn't help that it was really humid, and since we had been out of the house for a couple of days, the air conditioners had been turned down, so the house was pretty hot. We really need an air conditioner in our bedroom.. I think I'm going to try to price a couple of the ones that don't have to go in a window. Our windows are too large to put a conventional air conditioner in them without a lot of finagling. We'll see what I can find. In the meantime, why don't you all head over to Mo's and see what other people have come up with for today's MaNiC mOnDaY theme?

2 fellow footsteps:

Mo and The Purries said...

The homemade zucchini gum was called "mastica" - I think I'd go with the fritter, that looked good!
The most amusing part was the judges in that episode, snarking on each other!

Okay, so who do you want to win TNFNS? If Aaron wins, I will scream. He is NOT star material.
I think Adam is a few ribs short of a BBQ, so I guess now that Kelsey has been kicked to the curb, I'm voting for Lisa.
Even though she annoys me sometimes, she's the only one I can see pulling off a show of her own.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it sounds like so much fun! :)

I don't feel like I got a lick of sleep last night either. I sit up 'till wee hours of the morning with indigestion and a backache. Then about the time I fall asleep it's time to wake up! *sigh*