Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Super Excited!! (Warning: WoW content)

Hubby and I have been feeling a little lost in our Warcraft adventures lately.  We have gotten our main characters to the point where we are running out of quests that we can run on our own, and often there are not enough people around to help us finish them up and move on to the next part.  I'm a bit surprised that we got to this point so soon, but we are where we are, and there's not much we can do about it.  To that end, we started thinking about joining a raiding guild.  These are guilds put together for the main purpose of running the dungeons that require more than 5 people to complete.  Examples of these dungeons are Karazhan, Zul'Aman, and Gruul's Lair.  Mainly, the stuff that is in there to be killed is so tough, it takes 10 or more people working together to take them down.  This is very hard to do if you're just trying to pick up random people for one run, so guilds are formed in order to organize well-put-together groups.  These sorts of runs are also the only way to acquire some of the best equipment available in the game, so there is that appeal to it as well.
 
The day before yesterday we finally filled out applications for my old guild, Spanish Inquisition.  I had been a member of SI for many months, but when the expansion came out, my RL life just wouldn't allow me to keep up with the guild as the members raced through the new content to get to the new maximum level and begin working on the new raiding areas.  So I took my time, moved to another guild, and eventually formed my own guild, just to have a place to call "home", so to speak.  My main alt, Saraabi, is now leader of that guild, as last night I rejoined the ranks of Spanish Inquisition to begin raiding again!  I am really thrilled about this, it means lots of exciting things for my character, and my experience with the game.  I have done raids in the past, and while they can be frustrating, the rewarding feeling when your raid group finally hits the right stride and takes down that big boss.. very much worth it.
 
Hubby went on his first raid last night, to The Eye in Tempest Keep (a 25-person raid!).  They didn't take down any of the bosses, but he had a great time.  I just talked to him on the phone a little while ago, and he's still giddy about the whole experience.  One of the things I always liked about Spanish Inquisition was the demeanor of the Guild Master, Drachneer.  When in a raid, he's always very straightforward about what needs to be done, never condescending, and very supportive when things go wrong.  I was listening in on the conversations he was having with the people in the raid, and it was very nice to hear him giving so much encouragement.  He mentioned several times how well the group was working together, even though some of them hadn't been in the guild very long.
 
I look forward to Asara's first raid with them (since that last raid she was on.. oh so many months ago, lol!), and hopefully many more in the future!

3 fellow footsteps:

Amazing Gracie said...

You are the only person I know who is int WoW so I don't really know how to reply except I'm glad you're having fun!
~~~Blessings~~~

Kiyotoe said...

I wish I could get the counselor to participate in my video game activities but she's not a big Madden or NBA Live fan.

Good for you guys.

Crazy Working Mom said...

Sounds like fun...but how would I find time to blog?! *LOL*

Tisha @ CrAzY Working Mom