Monday, May 14, 2007

Random News

After today, I will be away from BlogLand for probably an entire week. I am going to be in Lansing for the next three days taking a class in HACCP certification for work. On Friday, I'll be covering someone's vacation day, which means more or less no computer. And I don't usually blog on the weekends, but I might make an exception this weekend, considering how much time I will have missed! So in case you miss me, that's where I'll be.

I'm still waiting on my new computer.. I've been checking the tracking since Friday, but it won't tell me anything other than my computer left Fort Worth, TX on Friday at 5:44 am. I have tried cookies, cake, pizza, chocolate, even cybersex with hubby's laptop, but it will not budge on this. FedEx must have ties to the mafia, for its informants to be so tight-lipped! The ultimate sadness for me is that I will probably not even be at home when it arrives, thanks to my stupid class! Of course, I probably wouldn't have been at home anyway, considering that FedEx makes most of its deliveries during the day, while I would normally be at work, but I digress...

On my morning break today I finally made it through the last mission of Elite Beat Agents on the second level of difficulty. I may not have mentioned this game on my blog yet, I can't remember right now, and I'm feeling too lazy to go check. So for most of you, this is probably coming completely out of left field. Sorry. Anyway, the point of the game is that it plays songs, and little dots and sliders appear in time with the beat. I have to tap the dots with my stylus, and slide along the sliders. I get more points for being more on the beat, and I get extra points for completing the combinations and not missing anything. As the difficulty increases, so does the number of dots and sliders, and how close together they are. Sometimes they even sit right on top of each other. So now that I have completed the last mission on the second level of difficulty, I have unlocked a third, even MORE difficult level. Yeah right. I was shaking after trying to finish the second one, you think I'm going to take on a third?? I was also disappointed to see that this level is represented by an entirely new agent. There are three that show up on the first two levels, "Spin" for the first, and um.. I can't remember the second one's name (he's the blond one in the picture). The third one is the one with the big red afro, and I was looking forward to having him represent the third level. Instead it's some new guy, Agent Chieftain. He looks like John Travolta after he's been run over by a truck full of Bryll Creem. Serious.

Anyway, it's lunch time.. off to see what's happening on my Animal Crossings game, and what new stuff is for sale at the store there.

Yes, I spend a lot of time playing video games. You didn't know this??? n00bs. ;)

5 fellow footsteps:

Linda said...

Hope you have a good time while you're at your class even though you'll be missing the delivery of the new computer. Just think what you will have to look forward to when you return!

And with any luck I'll have your five questions to you by then!

Robert said...

:-O
What!
YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES!

*falls over*

Kiyotoe said...

lol...."noobs"?

Amazing Gracie said...

New computer? Wow! Have fun....

Mo and The Purries said...

Have a great blog hiatus!
Make sure you don't forget us!