Tuesday, February 20, 2007

MaNiC mOnDaY #4 - Celebrate!!

I know, I know, it's Tuesday! Well, hubby and I were in Kansas, and drove home yesterday, so I didn't get online to do my Monday post until today. Better late than never, right?

The theme, in honor of Morgen's 40th birthday, is Celebrate! People celebrate so many things, sometimes I find it hard to believe that the world can be such a sad place. We celebrate life, we celebrate the end of slavery in America, we celebrate the life and death of many historical heroes, we celebrate independence, we celebrate love, we even celebrate the existence of the planet we live on, and our desire to keep it healthy and whole. Every holiday is meant to be a celebration of something, and considering that everyone has a birthday, every day is really a celebration of hundreds, if not thousands of people that are born on that day. I think it would do so much for the attitude of the world if we all kept that in mind. That every day is a celebration, for every day we are alive is special.

To that end, I will close with a video from Lazy Town, which really seems to embody the idea of celebrating every day. It's also one of the most darned cheerful songs I've ever heard; I know I can't listen to it without smiling! So celebrate!

4 fellow footsteps:

Mags said...

So...have either of you used the "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" joke?

If not...I think you should.

;)

Anonymous said...

Man, I LOVE this song! Although I like the original version better, the remixed one gives me more time and beat to shake my booty!

Barb said...

What did you do in Kansas???

I watched this whole video. Things sure have changed :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Asara, I didn't have to listen to it, just seeing the still image put the song in my head!!!

Robbie Rotten is a comic genius though :-D